Thursday, April 7, 2011

Game Over?

I use coupons when I shop. I am not a huge couponer, but I try to save money where I can.



Recently, I learned that Kroger will no longer be doubling and tripling coupons.

As a non-avid couponer, I am disappointed.

I wonder what all the avid-couponers are thinking?

Is it game over for Kroger?

One friend says she will by boycotting them as of April 15th (?), the day Kroger officially switches over.

I currently shop at both Kroger and HEB and know which things I prefer to buy from each store. There are some things I don't like from HEB, like their hand soap. It's so thick it clogs up the dispensers. Kroger's flows nicely. But how loyal am I? Will hand soap keep me coming back?

I also really like Kroger's reward points towards gas. Sounds like that incentive will get better with the opportunity to save more than just $0.10 per gallon. With gas prices going up, will it be worth it to continue shopping at Kroger for the savings in gas alone?

How will this affect you? Not at all. A little. Devastatingly.

4 comments:

  1. Here's the thing, it's only in Houston. Not anywhere else. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use coupons, often, so it wont stop me from shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that would make me so mad! However, no stores in Utah double or triple coupons--so at least you had it good for a little while. And as for the gas thing? I have a 16 gallon tank--so I only save 1.60 when I fill up--which isn't really that much...I wouldn't let that stop you from going somewhere else :) (if that's what you want to do, of course...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie - For some reason that makes me laugh!

    Dayna - Glad it won't affect you much.

    Lindsey - I guess we did have it good!

    ReplyDelete