Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Relationship Ends With Pasta Blunder

I was reheating spaghetti noodles for dinner tonight. Whenever I reheat noodles, I think of a relationship from the past . . .

I once dated this guy, we'll call him, John. He was nice, an RM (returned missionary), cute, and he took me out on wonderful dates.

We dated for about three months.

Then, I made John dinner.

Spaghetti with meat sauce.




John was late so we had to reheat the pasta.

He told me that when you microwave pasta you should put a little water in with it, you know, to prevent the noodles from becoming dry or sticky.

Well, I let John go first - wait, isn't it supposed to be ladies first? - and in all of our talking I forgot to add the water.

We broke up the next week. (Or was it that weekend?)

Are the two things related? Did John dislike that I ate sticky noodles? Did he think I didn't believe him or didn't listen? Either way, we just couldn't make things work after that.

In the end it doesn't matter. I now use water to reheat my pasta

AND,

am married to a wonderfully fantastic man (who is not named John!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment