Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cupcakes

This summer, while visiting family, I tried my hand at cupcake decorating. I made some simple, yet cute, cupcakes for my sister.



Mmmmm . . . they were so yummy. Except the bears. I used gumpaste - not so tasty!


Just this past weekend I made some more cupcakes for a friend's baby shower. It was so humid I thought the icing was going to melt right off the cupcakes. I'll have to keep that in mind next time. Plus, I don't think I used the right icing tip? I don't know. I have a lot to learn - but it was FUN!



I used fondant for these flowers! Yummy!




I used lots of tips from these two sites:

Skip To My Lou - buttercream frosting

Make It and Love It: Make-a-Cake Series - fondant

6 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look great for just being your first few attempts. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! Is there anything you can't do? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie - Where do I begin?!!! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a huge sweet tooth, and you're making me drool. Now I'm hungry. Really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Elle! If you're ever in Texas I'll make some for you!

    ReplyDelete