Sunday, December 12, 2010

CHRISTmas



I love this time of year. Now that I am older, I really enjoy the spirit of Christmas and the time spent together with friends and family. When I was young, it really was just about the presents. My parents would torture my siblings and I by making us read the story of Christ's birth before we could open our presents. We'd usually sit at the top of the stairs, or sometimes in the room with all of the stockings and presents just staring at us, taunting us. But we couldn't touch anything until the scriptures were read and the prayer said. We complained every year. Okay, now when I look back on it, I have NO CLUE what gifts I was given for Christmas each year. But I do remember that time with my family reading about the true meaning of Christmas.

As I grew older, I appreciated that time more and we even had ornaments to go with each scripture. We'd take turns reading and putting the ornaments on the tree. No one rushed or complained anymore. We enjoyed that Christmas spirit and time to slow down.

I hope we can all find time to slow down and enjoy the Christmas Spirit this season!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment