Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Heart Books

When I visited my family this summer I had my very own room with a big bed all to myself (hubby didn't make it on this trip).

Beside the bed was a little table with a reading lamp and three books
my Mum lovingly placed there for me.

The first was a cute little story about a young girl whose a budding scientist and works to solve a mystery.

The second book touched my heart deeply.

It taught me things I didn't know.

Caused me to love people I'd never met.

Reminded me of the infinite goodness in others;

our (meaning humankind's) innate desire to help others.


So, basically YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK:

Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Okay, maybe it won't be that drastic, but it's a true story that will definitely touch your heart and fill your soul with peace and hope and a desire to do more!

In the spirit of not ruining stories, that is all I am going to say.
If you really need more info before you read, just google it. But either way, READ THE BOOK!!!



Note: I never did read the third book. Looks like I'll need to take a trip again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment